Courses on moisture calculations can be designed to fit the participants immediate or future needs and their previous experience. They could include a selection of these topics:
- Steady-state moisture distributions in materials and material combinations. The Glaser method and its limitations. Techniques for moisture dependent moisture transport coefficients and resistances.
- Exchange of moisture between materials; influence of hysteresis and scanning curves.
- Non-steady state moisture distributions. A qualitative tool for moisture changes. Analytical methods. Numerical methods; manual and computerized.
- A selection of software for moisture calculations. Limitations and advantages. Overview or handouts exercises.
- Material properties for moisture calculations. Transformations for different calculation tools. Availability of data.